The Press Conference
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The low down so far

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pistol P

The low down so far Empty
PostSubject: The low down so far   The low down so far EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm

There are many stories about many programs this year turning it around or just proving a point that they are for real. My top 10 surprises so far go as followed.
10. How dominant Syracuse is. It is unreal how deep and how badly they are beating down on the Big East. Undefeated through almost 20 games, they have Brandon Triche and Scoop Jardine to lead the backcourt with Fab Melo down low as an emerged star. This is the favorite for the title for sure.
9. Seton Hall. Wow. The Pirates led by Herb Pope have shot out of nowhere. It is stunning how good they have been as they just cracked into the top 25 sitting 15-2 with a 4-1 start in Big East play. The Big East is weaker this year, but the Pirates look stronger than ever.
8. The Atlantic 10. Not only has Xavier fallen from the #8 team in the nation to an 11-5 team sitting at 2-1 in their conference, but the fact that they are sitting there with 12-5 Saint Joseph's, 12-5 Dayton, 13-4 Umass and 13-4 LaSalle makes the top of the A-10 look vicious. Not to mention 13-4 St Louis and of course Temple at 11-4 who just happened to beat Duke about a week ago. This conference could get likely4 teams into the tournament if they can keep this up.
7.Villanova. Wow. are they terrible? They are sub .500 on the season and look horrible getting routed by Saint Joseph's, Temple, West Virginia, South Florida, and St Louis. They're best win is LaSalle which happened in game #4 of the season in overtime. This has Jay Wright supporters turning on him quick.
6.Baylor's perfection. I knew they were good, but 16-0 is different, that is title contender good. Perry Jones III staying in school certainly helped this cause, but they are deeper and more seasoned than last year. They do lack offense in the post, but they seem to be managing.
5.Virginia? Yes Virginia basketball at 14-2 just losing to Duke in conference play last night. This i did not see coming at all, not only were they a surprise in football, but now in hoops too? In a weaker ACC with only UNC and Duke at the top, this looks like the 3rd or 4th team for the NCAA tourny from the ACC.
4.Murray St. This team has been known as the bracket buster from years past. Led by Isiah Canaan, a star out of no where, one of the best point guards in the nation, this team looks poised to be a top seed in the tournament if they can keep this up. Staying perfect all season is no easy task, but it is essential for a team in such a weak conference.
3.The Mountain West. I don't know what is going on here. Every single team is above .500 led by UNLV at 16-2 with New Mexico, Wyoming, and San Diego St at 14-2. Colorado st.(11-5), Boise st. (10-5), TCU (10-5), and Air Force (10-5) are making up the best win % conference in the nation.
2.The schedule that Long Beach State has had to endure. Let me ask you this. Forget that this is an 11-6 team from the Big West conference. What would you say if you had to face @#9Pitt(they were still undefeated), @San Diego St(now ranked #22), @#7Louisville, @#13 Kansas, @#4 North Carolina, @#15 Xavier, and @Kansas St.(12-3 now #18)... Does that sound fair to anyone? They didn't play a single one of these at home either. and guess what. 2-5 against those is not really that bad. #9 Pitt and #15 Xavier they won. They lost by 4 to SDSU, by 8 to Kansas, and by 6 to UNC. I just feel terrible for this team. The most unfair schedule I have ever seen.
1)Michigan State. This team i will say is not a team that i have ever liked, however the fact that they are winning the Big 10 is impressive considering their best player graduated last year. This team is much better. 15-2 and 4-0 in conference puts them on the top of my list as they are now #6 in the nation. This same team was called Izzo's weakest team in years last year in march and they have only experience on their side now. They have big men, and that defense they always have. Thats the key. This is a very dangerous team.
Back to top Go down

The low down so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Press Conference :: Basketball :: NCAA-
Jump to: