The Press Conference
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NFL coaching carousel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stork

NFL coaching carousel Empty
PostSubject: NFL coaching carousel   NFL coaching carousel EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Wanted to make a few comments on the coaching carousel that is the NFL.

1. So Hue Jackson gets shitcanned by the Raiders. Gee, what a surprise. The dummy trades two high draft picks for an aging QB out of desperation to make the playoffs, and doesn't even make the playoffs. I wouldn't have even waited to miss the playoffs to fire his ass. Al Davis drops dead and that team is still a farce.

2. I see Jeff Fisher will coach the Rams. Good move by the Rams. Fisher is a good coach and can turn that team around. I wonder if it will be in St. Louis or L.A.

3. I think with all this crap going on with the Jets, Rex Ryan enters next year already on the hot seat. Unthinkable after the two prior years.

4. I wonder what the hell coaching jobs Bill Cowher and John Gruden are waiting for? Either that or no one will ever get their lazy asses out of the studio and back onto the sidelines.

5. If I see another team hire a college coach to coach at the NFL level right away, I will shoot whoever does that hiring.
Back to top Go down
george h

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaching carousel   NFL coaching carousel EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Hue Jackson shouldn't have melted down in the media at his team after failing to make the play-offs. It all comes from the coach. There's no excuse to call your team out like that. It's just not a good look and the new GM decided that a divorce was the best for everyone. It didn't help that the Raiders were 1-4 over their last 5 games. Results? The Raiders made the deal with the Bengals to get Carson Palmer for some high priority draft choices and didn't make the play-offs. So, I would say, bad trade for Oakland. I think Fisher made the right call going to the more winnable NFC West than the AFC East, where he'd be in the same division as Brady. My opinion is what's as bad as hiring a college coach with no pro experience is hiring an assistant with no head coaching experience. It's a different animal when you're in charge of 53 men. Everything, good and bad, falls on the head coach. That's what Rex Ryan found out in this season of discontent. Ryan better clean up that locker room or he will face his own waterloo.
Back to top Go down
Pistol P

PostSubject: coaches   NFL coaching carousel EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:07 am

I will say that Fisher needed a team to give him the keys to the place, he got that in st louis while the dolphins failed in doing so with their stubborn owner. They will likely end up with the bengals defensive coordinator or something. The remaining teams wish they could get Gruden or Cowher but they'd never go to the Raiders or Bucs, considering Gruden already worked for the Raiders and Bucs. The Raiders firing was bizarre, they really are idiots over there, it was a pretty good season that got derailed because mcfadden went down. I don't see how they can get a better guy to do the job than Jackson. Cowher and Gruden don't HAVE to come back because they are happy on the air as is, they need a star studded job to come back to, and the ones out there just are very poor.
Back to top Go down
george h

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaching carousel   NFL coaching carousel EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 am

Some coaches, I guess, don’t work well in certain systems. After owner Al Davis passed away this year, the Raiders became his son Mark’s team. And, yes, they were in a good position to wrest this “weak” division from the others but some things don’t turn out the way we plan them! Hue Jackson praised himself lavishly when he engineered the trade for Carson Palmer. Jackson's current spin: "I didn't make the trade. That decision came from above." Jackson did lose starting QB Jason Campbell early But it’s not like Jackson was the next Bill: Belicheck, Parcells, or Walsh. He was in comparison more like Bill Cullen. Did he get fired after he “lost it” on the team in an emotionally charged rant at the end of the season? That’s hard to say but that’s water under the bridge. Like I said, I’m sure losing 4 of his last 5 games didn’t help. He held his news conference shortly after blasting his team in the locker room, as the Raiders marked their ninth straight season without a winning record or a playoff berth. Jackson made headlines for saying he was "pissed" at his players and chastising them publicly after they missed an opportunity to make the playoffs. Jackson probably deserved better than to get the “bum’s rush” out of town and he may go on to great things in the head coaching ranks. Former Raider QB may have said it best when he said: "All the Raiders had to do was to win on January 1, and they would have been in the postseason. So a disappointing finish. And to make matters worse, Hue Jackson went ballistic at his postgame press conference. Those comments were heard around the league. I think they surprised some people. And not only that, but his comments about moving forward how he would have more control, and he'd want more control and want to do more things in terms of the personnel. I think when you listen to those comments, and you are Reggie McKenzie, and you're coming in you say to yourself, 'Wait a second, this is not how we're going to do business.' And I'm not surprised with the change."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaching carousel   NFL coaching carousel Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL coaching carousel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Press Conference :: Football :: NFL-
Jump to: