The Press Conference
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what to do with peyton manning?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sidney2

what to do with peyton manning? Empty
PostSubject: what to do with peyton manning?   what to do with peyton manning? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 am

The Colts owe Manning $28 million by Mar 8. Do they give him the money, try to trade him, or just outright release him? He did say some negative things about the Colts, true or not. It does look like from what I hear the Colts are going to take Andrew Luck. The deadline for Manning is getting close.
Back to top Go down
george h

PostSubject: Re: what to do with peyton manning?   what to do with peyton manning? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 am

Just to an outsider like me it looks like the Colts are going to move on from one of the greatest QB's of all time, Peyton Manning. The team looks to be in rebuilding mode and Manning, who may or may not be ready for the season, doesn't fit the mold. I wouldn't let Manning hang though. I would let him know as soon as possible because $28-mil is a big nut to pay when you're not sure of the health of the guy. I did like the thought of Manning going to the Jets and taking Sanchez under his wing or the Jets trading Sanchez to, say, the Redskins. Another idea is to have Manning's father, Archie, buy the Colts! But it really looks like after the surprising 2-14 season that the Colts not only will downsize, but should downsize, as well. I've heard talk, and no not from Rob Lowe, that Manning has played his last down in the NFL. I would hope that's not true!
Back to top Go down
Stork

PostSubject: Re: what to do with peyton manning?   what to do with peyton manning? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 pm

I think Manning has played his last down for the Colts for sure. And I think it makes sense at this point. If Manning is healthy, he has a few years and thats probably about it. The Colts in the meantime, need to rebuild. They are not a 10-12 win team anymore even with Manning. So it makes sense for the Colts to move on. Now the question for both sides is how to do it and not look bad publicly. It wouldn't shock me if Manning and Irsay even staged this little conflict to make parting of the ways easier publicity wise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do with peyton manning?   what to do with peyton manning? Empty

Back to top Go down

what to do with peyton manning?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Press Conference :: Football :: NFL-
Jump to: