The Press Conference
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The future for Tebow!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
george h

The future for Tebow! Empty
PostSubject: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 pm

The Broncos were 1-4 at a time when the fans were clamoring for Tim Tebow to steer their sinking ship. In fact many were calling the Broncos the worst team in football. Denver management caved into the fans' wishes and inserted Tebow into the line-up. This was despite some less than flattering comments from team President John Elway. Because when Elway looks into the mirror he may think he's seeing the best QB that ever lived. Tebow won 7 of his first 8 starts and something called Tebow-mania swept the free world! He looked bad losing his final 3 regular season games and people were left wondering if this was all one bad "dream." My question is was Elway actually hoping for failure from Tebow, thinking that the team wasn't going anywhere? Is Elway now wondering what to do with Tebow because the team found a way to defeat the Steelers in OT? Because sometimes when you get hot, your team is never as good as you think or as bad as fans want to believe! Or do you guys feel that Elway has jumped on the bandwagon and will continue their relationship? Don't forget at the beginning of training camp, Tebow was demoted to 4th on the QB depth chart.
Back to top Go down
dlucibello
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 pm

George, I believe Elway did put Tebow out there to fail. I believe he felt Tebow had no chance to succeed and just wanted to kind of "shut up" Tebow fans in Denver and prove to them that this kid cant play. Tebow has since proved him wrong but I still highly doubt Elway has hopped on the bandwagon. I have always thought Elway wanted to get one of his guys in there, so he could get the credit for finding the second coming of himself. He may find a loophole here however. He certainly cant just demote Tebow right away after Tebow has won the 2nd playoff game for this franchise since Elway himself was the quarterback, but what he can do is work with Tebow on throwing the ball during the offseason and let the media know that he is doing this. This way, when Tebow succeeds in the future, Elway can say, "See! I taught him that!".
Back to top Go down
https://the-pressconference.forumotion.com
jhubs

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Alright guys both of you are getting a little carried away. I for one do not endorse any conspiracy theories and am actually impressed with the way John Elway handled this situation. Sorry, Dave, that Elway decided to treat Tebow like any other player would be treated by any other executive. Is it wrong for him to tell the media what Tebow needs to improve upon? Like when he said that they need to get better on 3rd downs? There's nothing wrong with that at all, but the Tebow-standard makes people forget that because the guy seems to many as a God send who no one should say a bad word about. Also, Elway knows that Tebow has earned the right to be the starting QB next season, but has earned nothing further then that. AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT EITHER!
Back to top Go down
tlynaugh

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 am

First of all, John Elway didn't put Tebow on the field, John Fox did. Second, neither Fox nor Elway would put a guy on the field hoping that they would fail. Elway is a Bronco through and through and he'd rather have his fingernails pulled out than lose. Finally, losing a #1 receiver in the middle of a game is never a good thing. Decker may not be the best #1 in the world but I'm not sure where exactly he's been overrated. Is he going to the pro bowl? Is he on the cover of SI? No and no. Not to take anything away from Tebow but Ike Taylor is the worst CB in football. He got burned all day while Pittsburgh was busy playing too aggressively on defense.
Back to top Go down
fatguy

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 am

The Steelers went into the game with the Broncos treating Tebow like he was a high school QB and he was able to make the throws that the Steeler defense gave him. A good high school QB would have had a good game against the Steeler D and their badly conceived defensive plans. The Steelers have themselves to blame.
Back to top Go down
Stork

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

Firstly, why wouldn't you go into a game like that and not respect the Bronco running game more than the passing game? Secondly, with two defensive lineman out of the game, if the Steelers would have concentrated more of their efforts on Tebow throwing the ball, McGahee would have gashed them for big yardage. Thirdly, you Giant fans are all out of your minds!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future for Tebow!   The future for Tebow! Empty

Back to top Go down

The future for Tebow!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Press Conference :: Football :: NFL-
Jump to: